Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Plugging away....should I say blending away.

Do you know how limiting a liquid diet is? Especially for a kid who is not crazy about smoothies. I don't get how you can not love smoothies. Sarah says it's the bubbles?? I think she panics whenever she hears the blender. Her swelling is starting to go down and the bruises are turning green/yellow, not quite as pretty as the purple was. We went for a walk together yesterday, to try and get her some fresh air. She was tired when we got back and had a little nap. I told her that was normal, as it takes days for the anaesthetic to get out of your system. We thought of a few more things to try to drink, so I will get them this morning. I will have to get her to step on the scale, worried about how much she is losing, funny I worry about the opposite when I step on the scale. Last night we got the computerized phone call from the school saying she missed more than one class....duh...I will have to call and remind them yet again that she had surgery, don't want that call every night for two weeks.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Glad she is on the mend. You might want to try the "Sun Rype" juices. Meleigha just loves them (and she's a "little fussy"). They are a combo of veggies and fruit. Yummy sounding flavors like strawberry banana...
We buy them at Costco, but they are also at Superstore in the juice aisle.

Taryn said...

Hang in there, Girls!

Just Plain Happy said...

One day at a time...one shake at a time....tell Sarah not to think about the gazillion it seems she will have to drink but just the one she is facing down at that moment and as Taryn says 'Hang in there'.

Paulette said...

OK you really have been busy keeping us up to date ( thank you for that) some of us didn't even think to check here (me)... Sarah is a trouper, wonder where she gets it from ( wink wink)