Friday, September 7, 2007

First day!







So, I am supposed to be doing HST, but I want to blog first, but don't tell Jeff. The first day of school came and went. All was good, 6 am was early for both Sarah and I. She was worried when she got up because it was still dark and she wondered how the bus driver would see her. Luckily the sun did come up and daylight was here at 7:07 when she got on the bus. Yes, I did cry when the bus pulled away. ( I had to hide behind the curtain, because in grade nine, your mom CANNOT be seen) I had a really empty feeling when she pulled away, in only 4 years she will be in University. I will never be one of these parents who wish for there kids to leave home. Connor was so excited about being at Pine Ridge this year. He was bouncing when the bus came because he gets to sit at the back of the bus and all his cousins who still go to the elementary school are not allowed. They are both trying out for school soccer teams this week and Connor started hockey conditioning last night. So the Mom's taxi service is up and running for another season. Here are a few pic's from the first day and also the sand castles we saw in BC.

3 comments:

Angie said...

I would love to see a sand sculpture comp. like that. The thought that must go into them before they even start is amazing.

Just Plain Happy said...

Josee, your pictures are beautiful and so is your family. I always tried to remember at every stage of my childrens' lives that my ultimate goal was to have 'my birdies' fly safely from the nest. I wanted them to be able to stand squarely on their own feet (or wings) and to be able to navigate the world safely but if they did suffer bumps and bruises along the way, know how to recover on their own and to know if they couldn't, their was always a safe landing spot back home (for a little while, at least). Your post brought back the feeling of how my heart ached for them at times.

Anonymous said...

Josee,
Was that sand castle competiton in White Rock? Brent melissa and I attended on there when she was 3...sigh... a long time ago when taking pictures wasn't so much a big deal ( and too expensive)...
Your family is awsomeand so are you :0)