Sunday, September 30, 2007

What a crazy life!

Another busy weekend comes to a close here in Harmony. It was Pro show weekend for 4H and Connor had hockey. Luckily pro show was in Windsor which was close. The kids did well showing their calves. I think Connor was 5th and Sarah was 3rd in her class, which was not so great but they did a great job getting their cattle ready on their own and a great job showing. Sarah's photography print display was second and she was 3rd for photography judging. Connor was 2nd for beef judging. Connor found out yesterday that he made the PeeWee AA team so he had a practice this morning. He was very excited to make the team. They had 39 skaters out for tryouts and took 15. Not sure how to get myself ready for the "checking" side of hockey this year but I will try. I am hoping now that 4H is done and hockey is settled we will have some kind of routine around here and maybe I can clean up my scrap room and get a few things done. Wondering how other members of the book club are doing with their circle journals?? Mine is still in my bag. (sorry Myleta) My sister and some friends from her work (old job) in Hlfx did the breast cancer walk today. I am sure that it must have been a very emotional day. One of her best friends, her mother is battling breast cancer. Some day I would love to run that, but I guess I would have to get out and start running. Not a very exciting or inspiring post but just wanted to let you know I was still alive and well.
PS: I am trying to sell my digital camera if anyone is interested. It works great and takes great pictures, I just want to upgrade a little.
It is a Pentax istDL digital SLR 6.1 megapixels (uses AA batteries) (original price $1100)
has a 18-55 pentax lens with UV filter (came with camera)
has a Sigma 70-300 Zoom lens with UV filter (original price $600)
Very well taken care of, want $800.00 (firm)

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey, Josee...

Nice to read your new post-you are right-life can get crazy. I actually DO have some of my homework done (covered my journal...have yet to do the title page). I need to get it to Debbie and I have yet to get Ria's book from her.I have yet to come up with a theme...

Just Plain Happy said...

Hi Josee,
Are you sitting down, oh yeah, you are in front of your computer aren't you. Mine is NOT covered, I have NOT picked a theme, thought I might, but may go 'Free Style' and I do not have a clue who is to get their journal to me. If you are to get yours to me or if anyone reading this is to pass it on to me please let me know. I kind of feel like I am living on the edge... SCARY!

Anonymous said...

Great stuff Connor made the team,just one thing that worries me.Now that they are starting checking how many extra heart pills must a grandmother take?

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you Josee, I thought you vanished into "lookingafterthechildrenforever" land. They are time consuming aren't they.... we wouldn't ever want it any other way would we!

My cover is covered, I have a theme, & MANY rules, I also have my own layout planned but I'm not sure if I need that done to pass my book on to Ria.... (HA like she'll need it before the night before!!!). It was HARD & I'm already stressing about doing something for someone else... I have to call Jill soon cause I'll need move than one night to do something for her!