Monday, February 18, 2008

Hey Mom, this one's for you!




My mother called me today to complain about me not blogging. I am getting ready to head to BC on Thurs morning to spend a week with my sister Tracey, and her two girls, Kaylie and Hannah. I can't wait to see them, but being away for a week is a long time. I have never been away from the kids that long before. I know they are not little anymore, but it is still hard. Both of them are worried about what they will eat while I am gone, they are worried it will be KD and hot dogs all week. I'm sure Gramma and Grammie will help out. Tomorrow we are supposed to be going skiing with Connor's school, Sarah is going to come to so we can all get a day in before we go to Sugarloaf during March Break. Although, the weather is not co-operating, so we'll see. Last weekend we were in PEI for a hockey tournament. Connor's team did well, they lost 3-2 in the crossover game on Sun morning. But, the best part is Connor got to play forward because there were two kids who did not go. He has not scored a goal this year or last year as defense, it is hard if you are not really strong from the blue line. Anyway in the second game he got the game winning goal. He was so excited, the kids on the ice all hugged him as well as the one's coming on the ice, because everyone knew it was his first goal. Even all the parents were screaming for him. All the mother's, including me had tears in our eyes. That made the entire weekend worth while. Sarah had a great time in the hotel with the older sisters. Even Jeff came with us. Connor is the one with the bright orange laces in his skates. And a photo of Sarah and her cousin Elysia at Annie's b'day party.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Connor!
Just remember that I'll help out too while you're away, if you need me!

Enjoy your time with Tracey and the girls.

Donna's chitchat said...

Have a super trip out west. Your sister will be so happy to have you there, and so sad to see you go. How awesome for Connor to get a goal. I remember Michelle getting her first basket during the last game of the first season. They fed her the ball most of the game (as she was the only kid who hadn't made a basket) and when she did the whole crowd went wild and you would have thought she has won the game or something. Nope, just her first basket!!! But it was a sweet moment that will stay in my happy Place of memories!!!

Taryn said...

I can just see you in the stands...what a happy moment! Have a good trip and enjoy being able to be there for your sister and her kids.

Just Plain Happy said...

Enjoy your week with your sister and her girls!

Anonymous said...

Hey Josee,
Hope you have a great trip visiting your sister & nieces...and congrats to Connor for his goal! You are such a proud hockey Mom! :o)
Amy

Angie said...

I am sure that Conner was feeling pretty proud to get his first goal this year...and to have both his parents there to see it made the trip well worth it! I am looking into a summer hockey camp for Brayden in St. Margarets bay. He has become a hockey fool! He can remember names of players and what team they play for etc...and we are like, "How do you remember all this and yet you forgot to put socks on this morning?" lol

Have a great trip!! I am sure the kids will be fine, dad may do the take out thing...it's easier then KD.