Monday, August 6, 2007

What have we been up too??


Well, seems like we are busy. Achievement days went well for the kids, despite the warmwether. Cause everyone should show cattle when it is 40'C with the humidex. Both the kids calves are going to Pro show and Sarah was reserve show person in our club. Sarah won photography judging and Connor won beef judging, so they both go to proshow for that. Sarah's picture display also won and is going to pro show. So we had lots of ribbons to bring home. Today we went picking blueberries and raspberries with Annie and Graham. Once again I am really happy they do not weigh you before you go in the berry patch and when you come out. I think it was Connor who said, "eat all you want now, cause they are free while we are picking". Our tripis getting closer and we are all excited about that. We just have to survive Lawrencetown exhibition week. The kids love it, but it is a lotof work and time driving back and forth and food. Thankfully the rides make both of them sick and they are very happy to hang around in the barns the entire time. If you saw Angie's pics of her kids on the rides at Bridgewater, my kids would have been hanging over, throwing up. I have been working on my book club homework. I am almost done using the math cards, I may have to retake my photos, they did not turn out to suit me. I am really missing connecting with the "scrapping family" since 2MF closed. I now realize that was the only reason I ever went to New Minas, because I have not been there since.

I forgot to mention a week or so ago, I got a really nice card in the mail to thank me for having the last book club here, and it was signed "the cry babies" Not necessary, but thanks girls. Tomorrow is a big day, Sarah gets the brackets for her braces put on. She has been chewing gum like crazy to try and get her fill in. She claims all her friends still chew gum with braces, but I informed her as any good mother does "I don't care what everyone else does...blah .....blah" OMG I turned into my mother!! :-) I just worry about her teeth being sore and keeping her eating, because she has no weight to lose. The kids are helping Jeff haul straw tonight. Connor calls it working on his muscles. Enough rambling for now.

1 comment:

Just Plain Happy said...

Keep ramblin' Josee, As you call it. It is so nice to hear about your family life. It's not hard to 'hear' how important they ALL are to you. My homework is done. So you think Paulette will get any toonies? It could be a NOT SO PROFITABLE night on the 20th!