Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Catching up!

Had a good weekend away with hockey. There is not much in Springhill besides a Tim Horton's and a really nice rink. When we were driving around, Sarah asked where people who lived in Springhill bought their cloths. Always thinking isn't she. Connor's team played much better but still lost both games by one goal. Connor played really well. I told him every game I see something he is doing better. I had just finished saying to one of the mother's sitting beside me during the first game that I thought it was hard for Connor to look tough on the ice with bright orange laces in his skates. I just had the words out when he checked the captain of the other team into the boards. The other mother said "there, that's how he looks tough". Can't believe I cheer for a good hit. Sarah had a great time in the hotel with the other "older" sisters. And unfortunately as usual, the parents had too much fun too! Go to bed at 2am and get up at 7am, not a good mix. The drive home was long because of course it had to snow on the Cobequid pass, hate that road. But back home safe and sound. Kids are in school, Connor has a couple of projects and Sarah is studying for her first ever set of exams. Should be a tense week! Had book club last night at Taryn's house. Cute house and had a great time as usual. Her dog Macy is very cute and I think she thinks she is human cause she sure loved the napkins and paper plates. Obviously the dog does not know us very well, because we do not leave anything on the plates when we are done. Learned a very useful term last night........"coffee - avec" which translates to coffee with any kind of alcohol you want or have. I'm thinking for the non-coffee person I am, mine would be "hot-chocolate avec" that will work very nicely in some of those cold NS rinks! Have a great one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to a little "Avec" in your life!!!! makes the world glow even more!!!

Anonymous said...

Life would be a lot better with more "Avec".
I will always think of Paulette's mom and say cheers to "Life Avec".
My choice will probably be "Plus Avec" for awhile!!!!!!!!!
Thanks ladies.
gayle

Taryn said...

The "cake avec" went over very well at work-I took in the leftovers.

Angie said...

Make mine Coffee-avec milk!!! boohoo! I need a dbl-dbl this morning. I put some extra wood in the stove and it is so cozy in here I just want to curl up on the couch and snooze!!! oh...lookey here...I can do that if I want to!! waaahooo. But not all is fun and games! gotta do bookwork...bet you know all about that Josee.

Just Plain Happy said...

Make mine a triple, double double! Hmmm! Since I am not a boozer I have decided mine will be called 'Life Avec'! We sure had lots of that on the snowmobile trails this week but alas, 'Life Avec' does include 'Book work' for me too. It is ole' GST time here in Margarettaville!

Anonymous said...

OK you've caught up, now it's time to catch up again!!!