Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Yup! Stll here......


This is exam week in Harmony! Sarah wrote her French exam yesterday and now she is studying for social studies, which she thinks is a really "stupid" subject. Her words. It is hard to help quiz her because it is all in French. I am supposed to be doing the book work, I am at Oct. (Angie, I feel your pain) I worry when the phone rings, I am afraid our accountant will call this week and I am not ready. Why am I such a great procrastinator??? This weekend hockey is local on Sat and West Hants on Sun. Next weekend we go to PEI which should be fun. Hope I don't suffer from "altitude" sickness in PEI like I did in Springhill. Here are some pictures of Jeff's dad and his wood piles. He called the other day and asked if I would take some photos of his wood he cut in case it's the last year for him cutting wood. He was so cute, posing, for me. I still can't believe he called and asked. I had a few enlargements done from my new camera yesterday and I am really happy with the clarity in them. I have been trying to follow the free online photography course at http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/ , you can download the outline and print it off. It is quite well explained which is perfect for me. It goes on for 12 weeks, and all the info is there for the last 3 weeks. Too bad we couldn't get some really great scrappin person who knows photography to come here. Back to the books!

6 comments:

Angie said...

It is so funny that men and the woods is like an obsession!! Do you know how many pictures I have of wood piles? Harvesters and Forwarders and log trucks piled a mile high...Kent has sawdust in his blood I say and I love him for it!!! Your father/in law is a hottie!!! lol
About the hockey thing...I so agree with kids being held accountable...tonight if I see Brayden friggin around he will be in the dressing room changing and going to watch his teamates from the stands...respect has gone out the window, now that parents are afraid to show authority. I love my kids to pieces, but I am not their best friend, I am here to love, nurture and punish if need be,they get friends at school.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a geat way to bond with the in laws! I'm sure you had a good time with all the posing!!! The other...I am workin' on it:o)

Donna's chitchat said...

Awesome photos Josee... Good luck to Sarah. Tell her Social Studies is very important when she grows up.. especially in university. There are lots of "social" to study and look what happens when you don't study Social Studies... I never knew what the REAL use for a bathroom sink is.... didn't take Social Studies!!!

Just Plain Happy said...

Ummm! Josee that great scrapbooking person who knows photography is YOU! Have you not looked at your photos and your scrapbook pages?? They are both awesome! I know we can always learn something new but I don't know how your pictures could get any better. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Love the new pictures of your father-in-law!!!!
He does look so cute!!!!!!!!
It was great that he felt so comfortable to ask you to take pictures of him!!!!!!!
Great work!!!!!!!!
gayle

Taryn said...

I LOVE the smell of wood. Something very earthy and stable about it.