Saturday, April 14, 2007

This kid tires me out!


Here, I thought with this being the first weekend without hockey, we would spend a quiet one at home. Wrong, today Connor and I spent most of the day at LE Shaw school for the Kings County 4H rally. He was competing to be the Kings Co. Junior 4h Host. He had to give a speech about himself and meet with the three judges alone and answer some questions about the 4H program and himself. There were six boys trying for junior host and he won. I do not know where this kid came from. He stands in front of a room of about 40 people and three judges and give his speech with no problem at all. Me, I would have done something not so good in my pants. The judges said they were impressed when he walk in the room for the interview and introduced himself and shook each of their hands. To have that much self confidence at 10 I think is a great thing. And he sure looks cute in a tie, don't you think.

6 comments:

Jill MacDonald said...

Yahoo Connor!
You are a born leader!

Jill

cpm said...

Congratulations Connor!
You must be doing something right Josee...can I send you mine to raise?!? lol!

Just Plain Happy said...

Congrats! Connor! Way to make your MOM proud! Love the slide show, Josee!

Donna's chitchat said...

Congrats Connor, good thing you have a great role model at school. Me, of course, cause I would make a great 4H host... ok, actually, I am not sure what a 4H host does, so I don't think I will volunteer at this time to even try out to be one... cause, all of a sudden I am thinking I wouldn't be able to stand up in front of a room full of people and talk about anything, let alone myself... way to go Connor... Maybe, you would like to be a School Secretary some day.... then I could be a great role model.. ok, well, maybe not all the time.. but once in a while.

Angie said...

Sounds like a polititian in the making....shaking their hands like the next liberal candidate.Thats so cute. I remember being in 4-h and watching this competition....He is very brave!!!

Anonymous said...

What was Connors speach about? This is a great thing ( I can say that from Scott's being Jr host when he was 11...) I'd say it was a great confidence builder but these children already have what it takes!!! Way to go Connor!