Monday, June 11, 2007

Catch up time!




We have had a busy time here. Last week Connor's drama club at school put on the play Alice in Wonderland. It was fantastic. The majority of the parts were grade 5's but they performed like professionals. They did not use microphones and projected their voices so well. The enthusiasm they had was great. I, of course was a little partial to the White Rabbit. I saw it Wed night and Thurs afternoon. On Thurs afternoon, they were bringing in 1/2 the school to watch. All of a sudden one of the kids decides to throw up all over the gym floor around him and twice more on his way out. At least the play had not started yet. The poor teacher (Chantal McAlpine) had puke up her leg. But the play went off without a hitch. Fri night Sarah did the Relay for Life in Middleton with a team from her school. They took turns walking all night (to keep warm). She was very surprised about how many people did the survivor lap. I guess when you are a kid you really have no idea how big Cancer is. I was proud of her for wanting to do this and raising the sponsors. I went down at 1200 to take them some hot chocolate. I took a photo of the luminary I had bought in memory of my grandfather who died from cancer. It was very powerful to see the track lined all the way around with the luminaries. Man, was she tired the rest of the weekend. Yesterday, Sarah and I played on the trampoline. I want you to know that bouncing on that is exercise. I was sweating, and laughing so hard, nearly pee'd my pants. Got some great photos of Sarah in the air. Today, Sarah goes to the orthodontist for x-rays, pictures and impressions of her teeth. Then we go back in 2 weeks to see where we start. Of course the want the $280 today for the first two visits. I'll let you know how we make out with this process.





5 comments:

Donna's chitchat said...

The luminaries are so moving, aren't they. Good for Sarah to be a part of something so moving. I was so proud to be a part of the Relay for about 3 years. But hte all night thing nearly did me in the first year, so I declined to stay the night for the next 2 Relays. June is just too hard to handle in an elementary school when your in good shape..... it was 3 times as hard to survive JUne after a night of no sleep... wimp, I know.
good luck to Sarah with the Ortho... its the start of a long haul I think... I have to wear my retainer again starting in July for 2 months 24/7, cause after 10 years, my teeth are starting to shift back... ugh

Donna's chitchat said...

I forgot to mention Connors play. That was totally amazing...and professionally put together by such a wonderful group of 9-11 year olds... Amazing. They should be proud and you should be tooo

cpm said...

Connor was amazing!!! (would you expect anything less from that kid!) I'm always in awe of what the drama team pulls together. You'd never know it was only grade 4's and 5's acting. The voice projection was awesome too!
I'm glad I was a "fun" opening act! UGH! Can you believe it?!? Puke on my legs!!! This would have grossed me out even more before I had kids. I did gag MANY times while bringing him into the office!
Love the trampoline action shots. You'll have to post pics of your acrobatics now! :-)
Congrats to Sarah on being part of such a powerful event!

Just Plain Happy said...

Josee, You must be ( I know you are) sao proud of your children. And how lucky are they to have such a supportive Mom! Now I am with CPM and want shots of YOU on the trampoline! Maybe we can get a couple of those when we come to Book Club?

Anonymous said...

Great kids with a great mom!!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Sarah!!!!!!!!
Pictures are AMAZING as usual-really want to see more-what camera are you using?????????
FABULOUS work-keep going!!!!!!!!
gayle