Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The Magic Number is.....

.....$6500.00 for braces pre and post jaw surgery. I am feeling a little sick to my stomach. The surgery is covered by MSI. There is no way around it, Sarah's bottom jaw is too small for her upper jaw and can only be fixed surgically. The braces are on for two years before surgery and 8-10 months after. She really wants this done so I guess we start Aug 7. Any advice??? Any ideas to raise some cash??? haha. I do have a dental plan but it caps at $1500. But they do have a payment plan, $800 up front then $190 a month for 30 months. That should figure in real well with my $500 truck payment. But, what can you do, she needs it so we do this for her. But I warned her her job is to keep her teeth super clean and NO GUM!

7 comments:

Just Plain Happy said...

The ants came marching in here and got treated to some Ant Bait, it worked. We went through the same (braces not ants) thing with Amy. In a few years you won't miss the $$$'s but you will be happy about taking care of Sarah and doing what needs to be done. Sorry Josee, short of sending a donation, this is the 'best' I could come up with! Have a good one!

Back in the valley said...

I offer you two thousand for the truck...haha...just trying to help!
Love Auntie Annie

DAD said...

I'll up that to $2500.00 for the truck. Dad

Jill MacDonald said...

Ouch...
Hmm...I think the truck is worth at least $3000

Taryn said...

What you need, Josee is your very own Swamp Tiger. She shakes, rattles and rolls, but she is paid for and dog hair just does not stick to her cool (or blistering hot...depending on the season) vinyl seat. Jill has had a ride...she was breathless.
Everything will be OK.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain Sweetie..double that is what it cost us two years ago( talk about a guilt trip over that since it was my own mouth )...no insurance but oh what a great set of teeth I have now!!!!! ( Blake didn't want me toothless before he was..He's so vain!!!!).
I will gladly donate any scrapping supplies you may need, especially to get over that first big "CHUNK" of up front & personal :o))) Keep on keepin' on
Missin' your face

Angie said...

I will feel your pain soon also...Braydens top jaw is too small for his bottom. He has an underbite and will probably need some sort of surgery or an apparatus that widens the roof of his mouth. I should start saving now.