Saturday, March 31, 2007

Hello from work

I am at work and again not wanting to be here. I have been a bad blogger. Sorry Angie. The days I work, after the hockey and other activities the kids have in the evening, by the time I get home for the night, all I can do is veg. Connor has his team party this Sunday, so I thought what a great idea it would be to put together a dvd of the year of hockey. I had lots of pictures, imagine that, and I bought a camcorder when we were in Hlfx on March break, so I had some video from our tournament. So, the biggest hurdle was just learning how to use the program that came with the camcorder. It took me almost and hour to figure out how to import the song from Queen - we are the champions from Limewire. Anyway, on Tues night I worked on it for about 4 hours, it was so great, I was just adding the coaches names to the end and I had a "#$^^%^%" program error and lost the whole dam thing. It was almost midnight and I just about cried. So I went to bed and worked on it on Wed and redid it. But it is so awesome ( I think) I hope the kids like it. I burned a copy for all the team.
Sarah won an award at the regional science fair. For her project, she swab the debit machines in the stores in the mall and I grew the bacteria at work and took pictures of the plates for her. The bacteria growth was gross and our advice to everyone is carry hand sanitizer with you and use it often.
Last night my sister moved in (somewhat) to her house in Coldbrook. Mike will be living there now but Annie and the kids will move in on Apr 20 when the house closes in HLFX. So we went over to help. It will be so great having one of my sisters close again. My phone bill will be so happy, it's not long distance. Tracey, if you are reading, it would be sooooo great to have you guys closer some time soon.
Speaking of my sister Tracey, in BC, a good friend of hers, just lost her husband. He was in his 40's I believe, had an infection in his heart, had to have surgery and died from complications. It was quite a shock, They have three boys, the oldest is around 12. I guess we just need to remember to be thankful for each and every day with the people we care about, because life changes in an instant.
Thinking I better get to work, I do have some scrapping things I have done that I want to post pictures of. I'll try and do that on Mon when I am off.

5 comments:

cpm said...

HI Josee! It's Chantal (from KDS)

Went to withdraw money from the bank machine today and thought of you! Ewwwww! Congrats to your daughter on her science fair win!

Love reading your blog and seeing pics of your beautiful children!

Angie said...

Josee...I had a video made for Kent last year about how his life has become so busy with his business and that no matter what he gets to come home to us...The pictures then turned to our children being born, and growing up and I had the song "Home to you" by John Michael Montgomry. Jamie's x-husband did it with Photo shop elements...I need to know what program you used. I want to learn how to do this because I can invision what I want so well but need the know how to get going!
Give me some advice..
Your story about losing the whole thing after 4 hours reminds me of the Memory book I made for my mom and dad at christmas, I lost it two times and I did cry...I finally got it right the third time and it was a big hit!! It will be worth it, I am sure!!

DAD said...

You just learned a valuablr lesson you should save your project every 10 minutes that way if some thing happens you will not lose everything if you look in start/all programs/accessories windows movie maker is also a good and user friendly program. Its lots of fun butting slide shows and movies together.

Love Dad

Just Plain Happy said...

Hi Josee,

You are Not a BAD blogger just a BUSY one! Loved your Dad's comment, such good advice, but why is it we forget to do that?

Taryn said...

A agree with Myleta-you are a busy blogger-not a bad one! Your posts are fun to read :)