Monday, March 26, 2007

Thrilling weekend of hockey!


What a weekend of hockey!!!! We were at the Mainland AAA Atom tournament in Chester. Connor's team won the whole thing. It was soooo exciting. We played Fri night and lost, the boys played terrible and Acadia played incredible. So we were all pretty down after that game. But we had lots of fun at the hotel in the evening. We stayed at the Oak Island. The kids played tennis and mini golf all evening because it was so warm out. My kids did not want to swim in the pool or hot tub because the water was green and you could not see the bottom. (maybe I made them a little bacteria paranoid) The parents stayed up too late again. We won both games on Sat and finished 4th overall, which meant we had to play the 1st team on Sun morning, Chester. The referee did everything he could to make sure we did not win. Including giving one of our players a 4 min penalty in overtime but after we killed that penalty he came out of the box and scored the winning goal. The kids (and parents) freaked. Connor and his cousin Tyler were hugging each other on the ice. It was so cute. Then we had to play Pictou, who was #1 in the regular season in the final. We beat them 4-3 in overtime again. It was so cool to see how excited the boys were and I was so happy for Connor to get to experience the whole being a part of a team. Dance was never like this, that's for sure. So today, I am trying to get the laundry caught up again, (does that ever really happen) I am still tired. Two late nights are too much. I am going to stamp club tonight for the first time and can't wait to see what Jill has come up with for us. I know it will be gorgeous. Yah, and Connor is so getting a haircut very soon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell him if the hair is not cut soon Auntie Annie will take care of it in his sleep!!

Angie said...

Congrats to your son!!! I bet you guys were just as excited, if not more so then the kids!! I bet you are so proud!!!

Anonymous said...

What a proud auntie I am. And if Annie doesn't cut Connors hair in his sleep, tell him I will come home just to do it - Okay maybe I shouldn't say that or he might not get it cut at all. Give him hugs and kisses for me since I can't be there to do so.

Love and miss you all

Tracey