Sunday, February 11, 2007













Well another weekend is almost over. As you can see, on Friday we were coasting, finally. The kids here have it pretty rough. They go down the hill on their GT's and get pulled back up with the snowmobiles. They think they have it rough because we only pull them up every third or fourth time. I'm keep reminding them that we never had the luxury of being pulled up the hill. Connor told me "but that was the olden days" Does being 40 really make me "the olden days"?
Connor's hockey team had their first weekend of playoffs. We had to win 2/3 against Acadia, who have always beaten us in the last 4 years to get to the next round of playoffs. The boys played great and we won in two games. I was so nervous yesterday, I could have thrown up at any given time during the game. I wonder if that's how the NHL mom's feel? Cause we were so excited you would have thought it was the NHL. I really do try to not be on of those "hockey parents" but it is hard not getting into the game. I have to keep telling myself they are only 10 years old. When that cute #10 with the red helmet and big brown eyes skates by and gives me that smile... I love it! Now that's hockey!



4 comments:

Taryn said...

Olden days? Geesh. No wonder I have been feeling so old lately....didn't know I was "in the club " (well, almost). I love your posts, Josee...you write just like you talk :)

Angie said...

I love coasting, we havn't done it yet this year. We always went to burger hill in Kentville and now we have no where to go!!I love your hockey story, I would be the same way! We are thinking of getting Brayden into hockey this sept. He has really improved in his skating and that makes me feel more confident with him. What does that mean for your sons team? Where do they go next?

Josee said...

Connor's team will play Chester this weekend, they have beaten us 3 times and we have only won 1 game against them. It will be super tough to get past them. It was great to get past Acadia this weekend. Hockey is a great sport, but like I said, us parents have to remember who we are watching and another Sydney Crosby will be a long time coming.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Connor Josee!
Alex had a "hockey" weekend too. This is the FIRST time in Alex's "hockey career" he will be going to provincials ( he is 16 you know & that is old!!! ). His first & truest love is football but he is excited. It only cost us a 200 dollar hockey stick on saturday because his 125 dollar stick broke in a cross check
( ooops!) I think it's crazy but lucky for Alex his Dad is all over the new gear...kind of like collecting scrapbooking stuff! Good luck next round! Paulette