Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eleven!


That is how old my little boy is today. Can I still use the term "little". He is always soooo excited about his birthday. If you did not know it was his b"day, he would be very happy to tell you it was. This morning he said to me "Mom, today is going to be a great day. Not only is it my birthday, but it is country day at school and I have woodworking tonight!" Life does not get much better than that when you are eleven. Guess we could all take a lesson from that. Each grade 5 student at school had to do a project about a country. Connor picked Italy, cause we were there in Oct. Today they set up in the gym and the rest of the school and the public (parents) can go see all the projects. They had to make some food from that country. Connor wanted to make bruschetta (sp?) Now for anyone who knows me you realize how much I don not enjoy cooking. But, it pays to have a chef in the family, cause Uncle Mike made the bruschetta with Connor yesterday, and it turned out great! Thank you Mike.

Sarah is gone to St. Anne's University until Thurs afternoon with her class trip. She was a little nervous about two nights away, because I have always chaperoned her trips before. She will call me before bed, so she felt better after we decided she could call.

Dad, did you notice the hat Connor has on? Since hockey season, he has had to switch hats three times. Once Totonto got beat out, he wore his Pittsburgh hat, when they got beat out, he started wearing his sens hat because they were the only Canadian team left.
Have a great day and enjoy the sunshine!

6 comments:

DAD said...

Nice Hat Connor Happy Birthday Love Grandpa

Taryn said...

My gosh-he is going to be a heartbreaker, Josee. Hope you are ready!

Just Plain Happy said...

Happy Birthday, Connor! Josee, what will you do with him when he is 16?18?21? He is one handsome young man!

Tracey said...

OK Jose,

I did it check out my blog, thanks to Annie I'm up and running. Give that cute nephew a kiss and hug for me. How are you suriving without Sarah this week??

Tracey

Angie said...

Your son is absolutely gorgeous!!! He is going to break a lot of hearts one day!!!
Two nights away? thats crazy!!!!I remember that trip too....just a few years back...ah...hummmm.

cpm said...

You have such a wonderful "little/big" boy! Great kid for sure! The bruschetta (sp?) was so good (as was Connor's presentation)!
GO SENS GO!